Roundcube is a mail user agent that is running as webmail service.
Here is an example how to install it. It uses apache2 on SUSE Linux 12.1. Other combinations should work same or similar. It installs roundcube on the local host 127.0.0.1.
yast -i php5-gettext php5-imap php5-mcrypt php5-pear pear install mdb2 pear install Net_SMTP pear install Mail_mime pear install MDB2_Driver_mysql /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
- set up a mail server
- set up an imap service
- visit http://www.roundcube.net and find the latest stable release to download
- download it into the web server's directory
cd /srv/www/htdocs wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/roundcubemail/roundcubemail/0.7.2/roundcubemail-0.7.2.tar.gz
- unpack it
tar xvzf roundcubemail-0.7.2.tar.gz
- change the folder name to roundcube
mv roundcubemail-0.7.2 roundcube
Migrate the database
Roundcube uses a database to store contacts, user preferences and the like. The database can be mysql, sqlite or another database. You can change from one database to another by modifying one configuration file, it is (depending on your server root) /srv/www/htdocs/roundcube/config/db.inc.php.
With older SUSE versions the following packages seemed necessary:
- When trying to attach a file, after clicking "upload" there is an error message "upload error". You are using roundcube 0.3.1.
- Update roundcube to the latest version.